For Immediate Release
International Event & Exhibition Management
SIMPLY ITALIAN GREAT WINES US TOUR 2018:
LARGEST TRADE WINE TASTING PRESENTING THE VARIETY OF ITALIAN WINES TO NORTH AMERICA
Series of Guided Tasting/Food and Wine Pairings followed by the signature Walk-Around Wine Tasting for Press and Trade at the High Line Hotel in New York City and the Luxor Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
MIAMI, FL (October 10, 2018) – One of the most important and prominent Italian wine tastings returns stateside: Simply Italian Great Wines U.S. Tour, organized by I.E.M. (International Exhibition Management) along with its U.S. affiliate I.E.E.M. (International Event & Exhibition Management), stops in the heart of New York City at the historical High Line Hotel, October 22 and ends in Las Vegas, October 24, at the dynamic Luxor Hotel & Casino.
Simply Italian Great Wines Las Vegas is organized with the support of the Italian Ministry of Economic Development and in cooperation with the Italian Trade Agency.
Over 80 Italian wineries are participating along with various entities and consortiums: Consorzio per la Tutela dell’Asti D.O.C.G., Consorzio Vino Chianti, Federdoc, Consorzio Tutela Vini DOC Friuli Grave, Consorzio di Tutela della D.O.C. Prosecco, Consorzio Tutela Vini D.O.C. delle Venezie, Consorzio Vini di Romagna, Consorzio del Lambrusco di Modena, Consorzio per la Tutela e Promozione dei Vini D.O.P. Reggiano e Colli di Scandiano e di Canossa, Consorzio del Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Camera di Commercio di Udine, Consorzio del Prosciutto di Modena, and Consorzio Tutela Provolone Valpadana.
The always popular guided tastings and seminars aim to educate on the vast variety of Italian wines featuring some of the most renowned and respected Italian Consortiums conducted by esteemed wine experts and professionals. For this occasion, the following program will consist of:
- Consorzio per la Tutela dell’Asti D.O.C.G.: One Denomination, Three Great Wines: Asti, Asti Secco, Moscato d'Asti D.O.C.G. presented by Gregory Dal Piaz & the winery principles in New York.
- Consorzio Vino Chianti: Chianti D.O.C.G.: An Exceptional Vertical Portrait Through its Vintages and Territories moderated by Master Sommelier Laura DePasquale in New York and Chianti D.O.C.G.: A Modern Kaleidoscope of Quality and Variety with Deep Roots in History guided by Master Sommelier Tim Gaiser in Las Vegas, accompanied by the Consortium representative Luca Alves.
- Federdoc: Traceability & Regulation of Italian D.O.C. Wines” focus on “Franciacorta: One Territory, Three Denominations presented by Riccardo Ricci Curbastro, President of Federdoc, in New York.
- Consorzio Tutela Vini DOC Friuli Grave: The Sparkling Life – Fresh & Fun Wines from Friuli guided by Cathrine Todd in New York and Tim Gaiser, MS, in Las Vegas.
- Consorzio di Tutela della D.O.C. Prosecco: Prosecco D.O.C.: More than Just Sparkling Food and Wine Pairing conducted by renown wine experts Robin Kelley O’Connor in New York and Lyn Farmer in Las Vegas.
- Consorzio Tutela Vini D.O.C. delle Venezie: D.O.C. delle Venezie, Italian Style Pinot Grigio Presentation and Tasting introduced by Albino Armani President and Nazareno Vicenzi, Consortium representative, in New York.
- Consorzio Vini di Romagna, Consorzio del Lambrusco di Modena and Consorzio per la Tutela e Promozione dei Vini D.O.P. Reggiano e Colli di Scandiano e di Canossa.: Lambrusco D.O.C. & Sangiovese D.O.C., The Cultural Heritage of the Territory guided by Professor Giammario Villa in New York and Las Vegas.
- Consorzio del Vino Nobile di Montepulciano: Vino Nobile di Montepulciano: The Energy of Sangiovese in Tuscany presented by Shawn Dore & Silvia Loriga, Consortium representative, in Las Vegas.
Simply Italian Great Wines US Tour will also host the Enjoy European Quality Project, a 3-year promotion cosponsored by the European Community designed to increase the awareness and recognition of European quality products.
During the leading event, the Walk Around Tasting, producers from Italy's finest regions will pour their latest releases exclusively for press and trade members. Participating wineries and importers include:
Agriment Italia, Azienda Agricola Biasiotto, Cantina Sociale di Trento, Cantine Fina, Ceste, Enjoy European Quality, Federdoc, Friuli Italian Wines, Gruppo i Vinai USA, Lombardo Vini, Ricci Curbastro, Santa Elvira Vini- Cantine Quattro Valli- I’m Fil Inc, Società Agricola La Faletta, Tenuta Cavalier Pepe Società Agricola, Tenute Tomasella, Vigna Ròda- Strazzacappa Gianni, Villa Mattielli, Vinicola Serena, WineMarcom.
Chamber of Commerce of Udine: Azienda Agricola La Sclusa, Azienda Agricola Marina Danieli, Azienda Agricola Zaglia Giorgio, La Magnolia, Modeano, Petrussa Società Agricola, Rodaro Paolo Winery, Società Agricola Stocco, Vigna Lenuzza.
Consorzio del Vino Nobile di Montepulciano: Boscarelli, Carpineto, Fattoria La Braccesca- Antinori, La Ciarliana, Montemercurio, Salcheto.
Consorzio di Tutela della D.O.C. Prosecco
Consorzio del Lambrusco di Modena: Azienda Agricola Pezzuoli, Cantina Sociale Formigine Pedemontana,
Cleto Chiarli, Opera 02 di Cà Montanari Società Agricola.
Consorzio per la Tutela dell’Asti D.O.C.G.: Azienda Agricola Ghione Anna, Bocchino Giuseppe Azienda Agricola, Cantina Alice Bel Colle, Casa Vinicola Abbazia di San Gaudenzio, Matteo Soria, Perlino.
Consorzio per la Tutela e la Promozione dei Vini D.O.P. Reggiano e Colli di Scandiano e di Canossa: Cantine Lombardini e Lusvardi.
Consorzio Tutela Vini della D.O.C. delle Venezie
Consorzio Tutela Vini D.O.C. Friuli Grave
Consorzio Vini di Romagna: Calonga, Celli, Fattoria Zerbina, La Sabbiona, Poderi Dal Nespoli, Poderi Morini,
Randi, San Valentino, Tenuta La Viola, Tenuta Uccellina, Tre Monti.
Consorzio Vino Chianti: Camperchi, Cantina Sociale Colli Fiorentini-Valvirginio, Cantina Sorelli, Casa Vinicola Bartali, Fattoria Betti, Fattoria il Muro, Fattoria L’Arco, Fattoria Montecchio, Forconi Fabrizio - Podere dell’Anselmo, Guidi 1929, Il Palazzo, Pieve de’ Pitti, Podere di Marcialla, Tenuta di Artimino, Val Di Botte, Vi&Mo, Villa Travignoli.
Consorzio del Prosciutto di Modena
Consorzio Tutela Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale e di Modena DOP
Consorzio Tutela Provolone Valpadana.
The tour will conclude poolside at the Luxor in Las Vegas with THE "APERITIVO". Italian Wines. More than just a drink, the classic Italian happy hour organized by Federdoc, showcasing the esteemed Franciacorta and Prosecco wines.
Maurizio Forte, Italian Trade Commissioner: “The Italian Trade Agency is happy to support the Simply Great Italian Wines grand tasting in Las Vegas. With interest increasing in Italian wines throughout the internal states in the US, we believe that supporting events such as this one will create opportunities for Italian wineries to reach new markets. This event aligns well with our Italian Wine: Taste the Passion campaign, launched in April 2018, to promote Italian wines in the US.”
Marina Nedic, I.E.M./I.E.E.M.’s Managing Director explains: “As the US market continues to grow and mature, so does the potential to appreciate the richness and diversity of Italian wines. Simply Italian Great Wines represents the ideal opportunity to make these two worlds come together.”
ABOUT I.E.E.M.: (International Event & Exhibition Management), the Miami-based branch of I.E.M. (International Exhibition Management), is a comprehensive agency specializing in marketing, events production and public relations for the wine industry. Driven by a passion for trade shows and a flair for flawless organization, I.E.M. was founded in 1999 by industry veterans Giancarlo Voglino and Marina Nedic. A reputation for reliably delivering high-quality events, coupled with its extensive network of wine trade professionals and international media, places IEEM/IEM among the most highly regarded Italian wine event organizers in the world. Learn more by visiting www.ieemusa.com.
THE HIGH LINE HOTEL: 180 10th Ave, New York, NY 10011
LUXOR HOTEL & CASINO: 3900 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Wine trade and media are invited to attend Simply Italian by registering
at this link for New York and this link for Las Vegas.