IEM has been organizing events across the US since 2003, concentrating on creating a network of specialized press, on trade, off trade, opinion leaders and associations.
The number of events in US and Canada has been growing steadily, and in 2007 IEM decided to develop local event organization in-house and open a strategic office in Miami – thereby creating IEEM. Below are details of some of the events and clients which have contributed to making IEM and IEEM the most specialized event organizing agency in the US:
Clients/events in the US and Canada:
- Vinitaly US Tour (New York, Miami, Palm Beach, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Washington DC): Since 2005 the annual Vinitaly US Tour travels to 2 or 3 cities every year hosting walk-around tastings, guided wine tastings, winemakers’ dinners, press conferences, educational seminars, consumer events and more.
- FEDERDOC (Seattle, Las Vegas, San Francisco): In 2004, the Confederation of italian DOC consortiums organised a tour of educational seminars, press conferences and walk-around wine tastings open to wine lovers to promote high quality italian wine.
- Brachetto D’Acqui Consortium – Through a series of promotional events, press conference, luncheons, trade and consumer dinners held in New York, Chicago, Washington DC and Miami the Consortium of Brachetto have been spreading the word to wine lovers, press and trade about this delicious sweet sparkling wine unique to Piedmont.
- Institute of Fine Italian Wines – Grandi Marchi. This group of Italian wineries includes 17 of Italies most famous names in the world of wine making. Together they make the Grandi marchi – a group which travels around the globe promoting high quality Italian wines. Over the years they have hostes events in LA, Miami, Canada- Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver including guided wine tastings, walk around wine tastings, gala dinners, press conferences and auctions.
- UNAPROL, the association of Italian Extra Virgin Olive oil producers has been educating food lovers, press and trade on the importance of quality indicators, the production methods and the characteristics of Olive oil through tastings and press luncheons at various locations around the USA.
- Consortium of Asti Spumante & Italian Confectionery Industries Association – hosted promotion of Italy’s most famous sparkling wine matched with Panettone and Pandoro in selected high end boutiques and wine shops in New York in December 1999, 2000 and 2004.
- Consortium of Asti Spumante – promoted Asti spumante on a Carnival Cruise ship around the carribean organizing various games, events and promotional activities for the passengers on board, February 2005.
- Simply Italian US Tours (New York, Chicago, Boston, Palm Beach, Miami, San Francisco, Las Vegas): Since 2010 Simply Italian has been the most anticipated wine tasting event touring several different cities each season and bringing the most diverse group of wineries, guided tastings and seminars.
- Italian Wine Masters Miami 2011 - The Italian Wine Masters is a multi-year series of tastings and educational seminars designed specifically for members of the wine trade and media in the United States. The Italian Wine Masters is presented by four of Italy's most prestigious winemaking regions, D.O.C.G. Brunello di Montalcino, D.O.C.G. Chianti Classico, D.O.C.G. Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, and D.O.C.G. Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore.
- The Amarone Families - Twelve historical producers of a celebrated wine - Allegrini, Begali, Brigaldara, Masi, Musella, Nicolis, Speri, Tedeschi, Tenuta Sant'Antonio, Tommasi, Venturini, Zenato - have created the "Amarone Families" association combining their wealth of tradition with exceptional craftmanship and standards in wine-making. In 2010, they visited for the first time ever with great success New York City and Toronto, Canada and will return again in October 2011 to New York and Vancouver.